Monday, April 23, 2012

good stuff


So... my sailor is in his second level of nuke school~ Power School. 
He is super busy. Along with a very challenging school, these sailors 
still have to do their "Navy stuff". No rolling out of bed and falling into 
class late, unshaven, in shorts and a t-shirt... No skipping class. And 
there is still PT and other Navy things that fill their days. Evenings are
for studying. All materials are classified, so studying is done in the classroom.
All of this added together equals limited communication. 
It is hard, to be honest. But you learn to appreciate an answered text...
it may be answered many hours (or even days later) and then there 
is the rare phone call. You adapt... pray a lot... get support and understanding
from your Navy mom "sisters"...
 and for me~ I stay busy! 

My happy place (aside from the beach) is CREATING! 
I have been enjoying making Navy related jewelry lately. 


Stamping metal (embossing?) is really fun. 
It also makes me happy to know that I am creating
for Navy moms, wives, significant others.
I have a shop on Etsy... Son and Sea Shop
I keep my prices low and US shipping is always free.


It will be a long time until I see my sailor, but I am so proud of him.
He has accomplished a lot in the almost 9 months since he shipped.
I miss him so much every day, but I have to focus on the "good stuff". 
There is so much to be grateful for. And I am. ♥ 

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with your jewelry! I finally found your Etsy through my own Sailor's Mother who is constantly sharing your newest creations. I'm going to have to put away some money to get me a necklace (I hate being a poor college kid haha).

    ReplyDelete

♥ your comments are much appreciated ♥