Saturday, May 25, 2013

QUALIFIED! BONA FIDE! THE REAL DEAL!

The face you see above is the face of a Qualified Nuclear Operator 
in the United States Navy!!!! 
Sign, sealed and delivered, he is done and home on leave! 
We did not attend Prototype graduation since 
our sailor left immediately after to drive from upstate N.Y. 
home to the Dallas suburbs. I will not even comment on 
how quickly he got here...
He actually arrived a day before he was expected, so my 
welcome home decor was not as fancy as I'd planned,
but the main thing, the ONLY thing that matters is 
HE IS HERE and HE IS DONE 
WITH NUKE SCHOOL!!!!!
He survived! 
I survived! 
~♥~
 And he is home and doing all the things he loves to do.
Messing with cars...
Helping with the yard.
 Helping out at the church fund-raiser with his dad and brother.
Shooting hoops.
Meeting our new pup and just hanging out.
~♥~
My heart is so happy and grateful.
It is like old times...
a brief reprieve before we give him back to the Navy. 
He leaves in a few weeks to joing his ship.
He got the number one pick on his "dream-sheet" and will be 
serving on the USS Carl Vinson out of San Diego. 
We are so happy, because it is a beautiful place and the 
closest homeport he could have gotten assigned to
while serving on a nuclear aircraft carrier.
Next I will learn to be the mom of a sailor in the fleet, a deployed sailor.
The Navy never stops teaching me new things. 
I am so very proud of my sailor! 
He has worked so hard and achieved so much! 
And now~ I'm a Nuke mom! 
~♥~


4 comments:

  1. Wow, You get me every time I read your blog, the tears are streaming down my face. As I read your words I can relate with everything. I guess I might be an official Nuke Mon come Sept. 6 2013 so I will be putting in an order in for that necklace ♥ Love ya ChickaDale
    Peggy Hooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweet friend!! It won't be long now! Love you!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am a Navy Nuke mom as well. I saw your Navy Nuke mom necklace and was wondering how to order one? I can't seem to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen~ I will be adding some to my shop this week. Please ck there! sonandsea.etsy.com
    thank you and thanks to your sailor for their service!

    ReplyDelete

♥ your comments are much appreciated ♥